Homebound Services & Volunteers
To receive Homebound services, please complete the online
Homebound Service Recipient Application form.
Description of Homebound services:
- This service is for people who are disabled and have difficulty reaching
- Depending on where you live, deliveries will be made by Library staff or
by trained volunteers.
- Deliveries will be made once every 4 weeks. A few days before each
delivery, we will telephone to confirm our visit. You can request specific
titles or just give general subjects or categories.
- Let us know what kinds of books you like to read, approximately how many
you would like to receive and if you have specific reading needs, such as
large print or books on tape.
- You may also request magazines, books, books on CD’s, music on CD’s and DVDs.
- You may request up to 25 items each month.
- There is no charge for the service. All we ask is that you keep your
Library books together for each pick-up and that you be home on delivery
- You will be asked to provide your name, address directions to your house
and any special delivery instructions.
To volunteer for Homebound Services, please complete a
Volunteer Interest Form.
Volunteering for Homebound:
- Choose, select and deliver materials to people who are disabled.
- Work anytime that is convenient for you and your homebound patron.
- Make only one home visit each month.
- It only takes a couple of hours a month and volunteers are usually matched
with a recipient nearby.
- The volunteer opportunity is great for people who like books and music;
willing and able to drive their own car; want to make a difference but do not
have much time.
Books by Mail Service:
The Spartanburg County Public Libraries has a book by mail service that
provides books and other library materials to homebound people of all ages who
live in Spartanburg County. If you do not currently have someone selecting your
materials, but have someone who is able to return them to any of our
library locations, then possibly this service
is for you.
For more information:
For more information about receiving or volunteering for the
Homebound Service or Books by Mail, contact